Thursday, July 11, 2013

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue!

Hi BABE Readers,

9 years together with my husband of 6 years, we have finally decided to treat ourselves to a small ceremony. Still not the complete dream wedding but it's something for us to look back and know that we had a great 6 year Anniversary. We plan on celebrating it with our two Best Friends and our daughter. In some way this will also be something for our daughter, she will be able to tell her future siblings "I was there".

Now that you have the back story, I am turning to you all for advise! With less than two months away I am stuck on this wedding tradition that I didn't get to experience at my City Hall wedding. "Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue". I went searching on "The Knot" and found some great answers but they didn't connect to me. 

The Knot did a great job explaining the meaning behind the Wedding Rhyme:

"This tradition comes from an Old English rhyme ("Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue, A Sixpence in your Shoe"), and the four objects that the bride adds to her wedding outfit or carries with her on the big day are just good luck charms. Don't stress too much about them -- they are the little tokens of love your mother, sister, other relatives, and attendants will give you at the eleventh hour (although you can give them to yourself, too). Something old represents continuity; something new offers optimism for the future; something borrowed symbolizes borrowed happiness; something blue stands for purity, love, and fidelity; and a sixpence in your shoe is a wish for good fortune and prosperity, although this remains largely a British custom."


My Something Old will be my diamond bracelet my mother purchased for my 18th Birthday.

My Something New will more than likely be my dress, since I cant think of anything else.

My Something Borrowed will be my mothers fresh water pearls (Although I am nervous they don't match my attire.)

My Lovely Maid-of-Honor is planning on surprising me with my "Something Blue". or my Blue ring.

Hoping to get some great feed back and help! 

If your looking for a "Sixpence for your shoe" check out Mon Amour Boutique on Etsy.                 You can also find some of my BABE BY BEKI products on Etsy.                                                                                          
                                                                                                             XOXO
                                                                                                             Beki





No comments:

Post a Comment